What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a free WordPress plugin that adds e-commerce functionality to your WordPress website so you can have an online store. With just a few clicks, your WordPress website becomes a fully-functional e-commerce website.
- easy installation, setup, and integration
- data control
- feature-packed shopping cart
- complete control of products
- easy shipping
- easier tax management
- keeps you informed
- provides customer management
- fully extendable
Although WooCommerce is one of the most compatible platforms, there are plenty of disadvantages that you should pay attention to:
- to go to the advanced version requires payment;
- the WooCommerce plugin does not probide you with the SSL certificate (Secure Sockets Layer) or backup tools, to make backups;
- installing too many plugins and extensions is going to reduce the downloading speed and the general execution of the functions;
What is Magento 2?
Magento 2 is one of the best e-commerce platforms that help support any medium or large scale business to enrich their online store at a competitive price. In recent years Magento has gained the trust of 200 000 retailers who successfully used this platform.With all the features that Magento 2 provides, rich scalability options and the large support community, we can assure you that Magento 2 is your wisest decision how to develop your business.
It provides a wide choise of flexible tools that make it the best platform for your online stores. Using Magento 2, you can manage your store’s looks, content and functionalities with very much ease.
Below you can find the review of why Magento 2 is better and convenient as an option for e-commerce platform:
- Advanced scalability and performance: Ajax allows users to add items to the cart without reloading the page;
- Easier checkout process: the checkout takes you only two easy steps;
- Highly compatible: it offers compatibility with various PHP frameworks, different databases, web and cloud services thus making it a hassle-free application for magento development;
- Better admin interface : It has a high level of customization and is created in such way to always provide an access for admin to all important information. Also there is an easy management of products;
Despite being one of the most used and respected platforms it has got some features that may show another side of a platform:
- magento the enterprise edition carries a price tag;
- themes can’t be ported;
- not all the extensions from Magento 1 will work on Magento 2;
- if you are upgrading from Magento 1 to Magento 2, prepare for a resource-heavy and potentially bumpy migration.
Although Magento 2 may require some resource when first is used, the migration is always worth the effort and time spent for it.
Why you should choose Magento?
So, let’s have a look at why Magento 2 is a better choise for your business than WooCommerce. This summary is definitely going to open new and more developed world of making a websitse for you.
The most common reason why users have some doubts using WooCommerce is the website security, limited amount of space on the shared hosting and too slow website loading speed.
Security. Unlike WooCommerce, Magento 2 offers advanced security features.
Loading speed. Another huge disadvantage that users find incredibly inconvenient is the limited amount of space on the shared hosting that results in slow loading speed of the online store. Magento 2 is the best platform for online shop scaling and handling large stores.
Checkout. WooCommerce checkout consists of five steps, which is not very convenient to online shoppers. At the same time, Magento 2 has much shorter checkout process that allows your customers to enjoy a convenient shopping experience.
Payment. To provide customers with convenient payment options, WooCommerce users need to integrate additional plug-ins, such as Stripe. Magento 2 is integrated with PayPal, Authorize.Net, and Braintree out of the box.
All in all, we can state that if you run an online store Magento 2 turns out to be more reliable platform which can become your solid ground under your feet to develop your business in this fast paced world.
My colleague shared your article with me and I found it very useful after reading it. Great article, it helped me a lot. I also hope to make a beautiful website like your blog, hope you can give me some advice, my website:
Hi, thanks for a sign for me to continue working in this direction 🙂
Yes, sure! Let me analyze your website and I will contact you soon.